DC&T Youth Leadership Program
Filling in the Gap for Learning Communities
The DC&T Youth Leadership Training Program Curriculum
Available for Youth Leaders and Other Youth Groups
Interactive Workshops/Training Sessions
These workshop reflect the Georgia Department of Education Career Technical Student Organizations Core Values and the National Alliance for Secondary Education and Transition Youth Development and Youth Leadership Standards.
- Vision and Goal Setting/Making Decisions
- Self-reflection and Processing
- Ethics, Values and Ethical Reasoning/Appreciating Differences
- Dimensions of Leadership/Understanding Leadership (Leadership Styles)/Taking Charge/High Expectations
- Communicating Effective/Persuasive Communications
- Developing Individual Strengths
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Team Building/Group Dynamics/Collaborative Experiences-Networking
- Exercising Community Leadership/Community Service
- School Service Projects
- Networking and Social Media
- Strategic Action Planning(Tentative) -Reflecting Goals and Purpose
DC&T uses these workshops (sessions) as a foundation in planning and implementing its Youth Leadership Summit.
Workshop evaluations of each session are completed by participants. These are tabulated and summarized along with the stated recommendations and conclusions by DC&T. They are made available for feedback, improvement and further training.